Thread: I am back
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
phoebe64

I picked a great weekend to challenge myself, huh? Hubby will be drinking every night, like 6 beers minimum this weekend.

But I just cannot keep polluting my body. Others who knew me before know i had initially had a stretch of sobriety after getting diagnosed with diabetes and quite a liver health scare. I was fat, diabetic, cholesterol issues, liver fibrosis from all of that and from the drinking too.

I have maintained a 50 pound weight loss and controlled my diabetes with good eating and exercise(I am slacking on the exercise due to the drinking making me tired many days).

A few weeks ago, I began a new eating plan, giving up wheat and grains and am feeling pretty good and lost a few pounds. So, I feel more motivated to do this to step up my healthy streak. I do feel the rewards of that, so hopefully, I will feel even better without drinking. Obviously I will!

My struggle lately is getting through the evenings, especially weekends evenings. I can go a few days, even all week(rare these days), but then the weekend is reward time. If I open a bottle, I empty it. No matter home much I say I will stop. And we all know that song.