View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
blackoutgirl

I can relate to this scenario. Once I was getting report from the off-going nurse and learning about my patients for the day. I think one of the patients was detoxing from alcohol and she proceeded to tell me about a nurse that used to work there, who "was a great nurse" but that always had alcohol on her breath. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there chomping on about 3 pieces of cinnamon gum and swigging black coffee to hopefully cover up the rum I drank the night before. Hmmmm. No one ever said anything to be directly, though I'm sure it's been noticed by others. Try not to dwell on what other people are thinking, noticing, etc, and think about how this is effecting you instead. This is my second time around with sobriety and it's only been two weeks, however, it's much easier to start the day without stressing about being hungover or attempting to cover up booze breath while also stressing about whether or not other people are noticing. Alcohol for me just causes one stressor after another. It's definitely a domino effect and never stops, unless I stop the factor that causes it all to begin with...alcohol.