Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

As the poster above said, it sounds like drinking is effecting your life in a negative way. Messing up your brain, screwing up your definitions of "fun" vs. "wasting time", causing problems with your wife, not being able to control how much you drink, blacking out....and clearly since you're here it's made you uneasy. And you know what this is doing to your internal organs and your system. You probably didn't mention the digestive issues, the hangovers, the sour feeling in your stomach in the mornings, the dehydration, etc.

In my experience, most people don't get to this point. They put their fingers in the fire, get burned, and then pull it out. And don't go back. It's not worth doing it again and again, it's having a negative effect on them. They don't need to question whether or not to put their hand back over the flame. It's common sense. They stop that behavior.

For one reason or another, alcoholics like myself can't control our drinking. I hemmed and hawed over the issue, wondering "could i be an alcoholic?" before quieting my head with more drinks. Constant diarreah, shakes, night sweats...I asked myself "could it be the booze?"before I cracked another beer. Lost my job, my girlfriend, my social circle..."is it the drink?" I wondered.

For me, it was all or nothing. And don't fool yourself, because if you're like me, it will someday become choosing between life and death. How about you get a more solid plan in place this time? Have you got any ideas? Why not give it a shot, you don't have much to lose!