Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
milkman23

questions

Am I an alcoholic if :

1.) When I drink, I drink. Meaning - If I have anything more than two, that is it. I am on a track to getting obliterated and that is usually just what happens.

2.) Last time on vacation I blacked out so I decided to take three weeks off and did not have any withdrawal symptoms. I still thought about it... I do love to party.

3.) My wife asks me over and over to stop drinking so much... I guess lately I do drink quite a bit. You know.. as I write these things I am pretty much sure have a problem lol.

Anyway, is it a problem to the point where it needs to be stopped. Am I just enjoying my young 20's.

I also am very discourage because I feel like it effects my work(i.e. I am tired from the weekends and I have a night out during the week usually and come into work completely hung over). I am a computer scientist so my brain is my main asset - worried I am bringing it down with drinking.

Also, I have never been diagnosed, but I know I have ADHD and think it may be somewhat related to my drinking. So... what to do? Does it seem like I should just never drink again? I am on day 2 of not drinking but still not sure if I really should just never pick it up again. Should I go a month, then just to go back to binge drinking. Or, should I try to go a few months and see if I can become a "normal" drinking; this I have a hard time believing.

So WTF do I do!?!?