Thread: Oh, yeah.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Now whatcha cooking? Or are you just going out to eat?????????????? (lol)

Is that kitchen redone? or still in the works?

just pushing your buttons Lex, someone has to........

Ps---- You do know how proud I am of you. You have done great !!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, nope, kitchen isn't even started. The laminate for the countertop was damaged in transit, so they are shipping a new sheet (should arrive tomorrow). I've got everything ready for the kitchen, though. Oh, and I bought new satin nickel hardware for the cabinets. The cabinet maker was here to measure for some new molding I need around the fridge, and he told me how to freshen up the finish, so I have that to do once we get all the dust cleaned up--sorta silly to clean the cabinets before the other work is done, since they will probably get all covered with dust and stuff.

Carpenter friend has been working on the basement (sort of a priority because I can't move the cats' litter box down there while it is all torn up)--he redid one of my walls so I can mount mirrors down in the exercise area, and he is only able to come over for an hour or so each night, so it's kind of slow right now.

It's all coming together, though. My new bookcase gets delivered tomorrow, I ordered new blinds for my windows, and I am in the process of recovering the seat cushions for the dining room chairs. The fabric I bought is PERFECT, and the first chair looks terrific. One down, five to go.

So the kiddo will have to use his imagination a bit to visualize how it will look when it's done, but the flooring was the very biggest emergency to deal with, and that is finished.

Heh, I may go hear a "progressive metal" band with the kiddo over in Philly. My kids actually like to go to concerts with me--I guess I'm not a TOTAL embarrassment to them.

Oh, and BTW--we probably WILL go out to eat a lot while he's here--he's a vegetarian, so I see lots of Asian/Indian food in my immediate future. Or pasta.