View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BLKDIESEL

I truly believe we are all social creatures by design and we all seek and desire connection with others in some form or fashion. So with that said, to live our lives without that connection after awhile makes us feel disconnected and that within itself can cause us to find other ways (i.e drugs, alcohol, gambling etc) to deal with that disconnection.

For those of us who have alcohol challenges and our social environment enhances them then we need to find social environments and people who can stimulate our sobriety. That may mean you have to grow as a person and get out of your comfort zones and begin to search for new social circles...they are out there. How do I know? because there are thousands of people on SR who can attest to it.

I don't think isolation is the answer because it goes against the design, and alot of us go back to bad habits and create new bad habits our of that said isolation and boredom. IMO, finding new environments/people/places will stimulate your growth and will expose us to parts of ourselves we didn't know existed.#Findanewnormal #Losethecomfortzone