Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
So in reading these responses, I can see why other people in my family or who know my AS (outside of his drug-using friends) think I am wrong when I say my son has an ongoing drug problem. The stupid, nonsensical things he has done (and continues to do) are not directly tied to a substance that anyone can see. Many in my family label the problem as "immaturity, laziness, just one of those do-nothing riffraff kind of people." Truthfully, I question myself sometimes about whether this is the right forum I should be on - although I have no idea what forum would be the right one.
If he has a drug problem, then yes.....this is the right forum. Plus SR doesn't have a Family of RiffRaff Lazy People Forum! lol. I find it interesting that some people can't make the connection between drug use and the behaviors and warped thinking that goes along with it. Sounds like denial. It's pretty common. They don't understand that addiction is a disease. They'd rather blame it on moral or character deficiencies. It is part of the problem unfortunately. Your son is lucky that he has a mom who "gets it".

gentle hugs
ke