View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
benice

Hoping for a day 2

I have written “Day 1” on my calendar four times over the past 7 days. Today is another Day 1. I am having a problem convincing myself that I need to do this. Moderation seems to work for me. However, I moderately drink every evening! And I think about it a lot. And it is very consuming.

In another post, Pinkdog suggested someone Google stages of readiness. I did and realized that I am stuck in the contemplation stage. Fine. Let's contemplate and move on.

So Dee, today I made a plan. I wrote down on a piece of paper the reasons why I WANT to NOT drink. Finally, they outweigh the reasons I do want to drink. And I’ve listened to the many recent posts that say to think only about today and get rid of the daunting thought about forever. I know that cooking is my habitual time to have my wine, so I left work early and did my grocery shopping without picking up the wine. I have no wine in the house. I bought lots of lemon flavored Zero Water. WHEW…I feel pretty good that tomorrow will finally be another Day 2!

Another funny thing is all of the recent posts about moderation. It’s like people were asking my question over and over with different words. We will see where this goes, but my comment on moderation is that it is exhausting. Normies don’t think about it as much as I do.