Thread: Good Morning SR
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ge7ea

Good Morning SR

Just wanted to offer a shout out to the SR group. Day 3 and I feel much better than I did yesterday. My body is recovering from the poisonous bender from the weekend past. I enjoyed cleaning up some remnants of the bender last night. Getting house back in home order then relaxing and reading some of a book a buddy and I are reading. We meet once a week for prayer and discussion. He has no idea about my current struggle w/ alcohol. Part of me thinks I should confess it to him, there is freedom that comes with that, the other side is that we work together and if I'm merely having a bad day, I don't want him thinking I'm off the wagon again. Maybe that's just my alcoholism trying to build in a safety net to fall. At any rate, I feel much better today, mind is coming out of the fog. Striving for another day of sobriety. I seem to do well for a couple weeks or a month. I feel like I need to be determined that this last embarrassment and shameful weekend was my last. I do appreciate all the support available here. You ROCK SR!!! I wonder if there exist a faith based thing like SR?