View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
firebolt

I came here looking for the success stories as well. They are out there, but they are far and few between. And by success, i either mean years on the alcoholic has recovered and committed to recovery, the partner of the alcoholic has detached, and eventually they repaired the damage done. OR the partner of the A has found a way to have a happy life despite active progressive alcoholism in their household. As I said, they are far and few between.

Regardless of what happens in your future, Alanon will help! And they won't tell you the only way to be happy is to leave your A. Also, this place helps too. We all have opinions based on our life experiences - we're happy to give them

It's up to you to take what is useful for your life, and leave the rest - and sleep well at night knowing that you have support here NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS or no matter what choices you make, and that there are no judgements....because we've all made many of the same choices, and that is why WE are here as well.

Bottom line is you need to take care of you - and I hope you use EVERY tool available - even if it's not easy - to give yourself some peace.

Hugs and luck to you!