View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully
Dee at Mt Bully

Hi Wray--Some really good advice here--Dormat said it well and everyone has very useful information. I'd like to tell you one more story. I worked with a gal I'll call Li.
I did not realize how bad here drinking was untill her husband was diagnosed with
lung cancer. I became involved helping her and her AH with Dr.s hospitol etc. Before
he died he ask me to please take care of Li. Silly me I should have run for the hills.
Withen days her eyes turned yellow and her skin was yellow and in general looked
dead. Took her to a Gastronologist--He said you will die if you continue to drink. She
went to the bar told everyone how funny the whole thing was and proceded to get
drunk. A few days later she called me to sick to get up (needed vodka) when I got
there I loaded her in my car and took straight to ER. The DR. was like you should be dead her heart rate was so high he couldn't believe it. After 7-8 days in the hospital
I took her home (her home that I had cleaned and emptied of vodka) she stayed dry
for maybe 3 days. Silly girl thought I was stupid. She would go to the bar and after
a few she would run her mouth about how if she wanted to drink herself to death it
was her decision. Of course the bar buddies felt it was important to tell me what she
had to say. I ask her once and she fessed up and begged for forgiveness. Few days
later same story. I gave up--that was 5 years ago and she is still drinking and crying
on someone elses shoulder. The whole point is I think that As think they are invinceable they don't want to die but they don't realize how close they are. You
should only do what you have to do for yourself. In other words weigh your decisions
based on how you will feel about yourself if the worst happens. To me this is not about being cody it's about being a caring human being. Trust your HP and all of
us who are praying for you. Love and Smiles--Dee