Thread: Groundhog Day
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Vickylou

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post

Do you have a plan?
Thanks Freshstart - my plan at the moment is to keep busy - nothing really beyond that. Using this forum as another weapon for when I want to drink. I think I probably need to cultivate some hobbies as I know for sure I'll have a lot more time on my hands. Firstly there are the evenings - I don't want to carry on doing what I always do - watch episode after episode of whatever series I'm into as I'll just associate that with vino! Secondly there will be the sleepless nights which always appear when I initially quit - generally I lie there, but this time I plan to use the time. Thirdly there will be more time in the morning as I'm not spending an hour waking up over coffee. So - I'm going to be thankful for all this new time and use it to make my life more rewarding!

James872 - Thanks for the advice Re the docs - I did go to the doctor last summer and used a counselling facility (I don't drink enough for detox according to our NHS trust). I didn't find it helpful to be honest! Perhaps I'll go again if I have problems this time.

Hello to fellow Brit - Readyatlast!

Thank you all for your messages