View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Phinneas

Hey, eddie, thanks for this thread. As you know, I have had really, really bad insomnia for over three weeks now. I was getting so little sleep that it was affecting me physically, menatally and emotionally. Well, my sponsor has me take a hot bath before bed, meditiate with aromatherapy candles (lavender to help sleep) and drink sleepy time tea. I also started taking one tab Melatonin a half an hour before bed.

Well, joy of joys, it works for me! The last three nights I got 6, 5 and 7 hours of sleep... all in a row! I feel so, so, so much better.

Being a pill addict, I am familiar with the effects (on me) of different sleeping pills. Melatonin is very gentle and mild. It just makes me relaxed, not quite sleepy, and able to fall into a natural sleep if I just lay in bed for awhile.

This is my experience. I just wanted to share it with you and thank you for your help.

hugs,

jojo

P.S. I talked to the pharmacist before I decided to try it. She was just a little bit taken aback when I told her that I am an opiate addict in recovery and I shared my concerns about taking pills. Surprised, maybe? But she handled it well and was able to give me some very good information. A credit to your profession as you are, too, my dear.