Thread: Day one
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brightahead

Day one

Hi everyone. I've wanted to stop drinking for years now. I can't stand the power alcohol has over me. I have read Alan Carr's control drinking but it didn't grab me enough to make me quit. So now Im going to quit my way. I'm a single Mum of 2 beautiful children, and have found myself in the lifestyle of drinking in the evenings with friends because home can be so lonley. Often we start drinking early and I drive my children home knowing I'm probably over the limit. I'm so ashamed of this. The women I drink with arnt good friends and last night I drank a bottle of vodka and 2 bottles of wine with 2 ladies and we had a huge argument, it was horrible and ugly. I'm so hung over today, but the sun is out and Ive got lots to do, so it's perfect for day one. I've had enough of drinking, I want to feel strong and clear headed again. I want to kick this depression and stop using alcohol as a crutch and an excuse, so thanks for having me, I hope I can contribute to the forums and receive the advice and support I need to make all of these changes!