View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dasiydoc

Hey there, Im sure you are really scared right now. No one here can tell you what will happen with your boyfriends relapse. Look at history over the last couple of years and he has been working hard to better his life, and going two years without crack takes work. But here is the thing Ive learned, addicts can relapse. Your boyfriend relapsed, and that is where your at. My boyfriend was addicted to coke, not crack but he had a couple of psychotic events where he was home alone locked himself in his room, imagined phone calls, extreme paranoia, and thought the police were out to get him, stayed up hours, and finally passed out. Awoke to find out there were no phone calls and no one was out to get him. Drugs can do crazy things with the brain. And none of this has anything to do with you, he didn’t bring crack home because he disrespected you, or doesn’t love you. He brought it home because he wasn’t thinking about anything but doing crack. My boyfriend stopped using in January, he relapsed a couple times in the beginning, but he has been working with an addiction counselor since then and is doing good now. but can he relapse, sure.

I bet you if you talk to your boyfriend there was something that triggered him to use the weed, and that was where he made his first mistake. The high of the weed, probably triggered reminders of the high of crack, and where did he get the weed? Someone with connections to crack? He has to figure all this out so it doesn’t happen again. When my boyfriend was holed up in the bedroom with his paranoid delusions I wasn’t there. If things get scary, you don’t have to be there to put yourself in danger, or to witness the crazy. It doesn’t mean you have to break up with him, but step away to keep yourself safe until he is back in control, go to a friends, or family.

The only thing you can do is wait and see how he handles this, and based on your background think about if you want to take the risk being with him and possible future relapses because they may happen even if he is trying hard. Do some reading on addiction, and how it all works, and I think that will help you because it can be a chronic condition, and that is why people relapse. I have decided it is something I an deal with at least for now, but my factors may not be like yours, so think about it.