View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

welcome to SR - i'm so sorry for the shocking things that brought you here.

i'm a former crack addict and I find his "story" of getting some weed and that triggering him to get enough crack to chief all night in the bathroom pretty lame. and it must have been some pretty bunk dope if within a half hour after the last hit he seemed ratonal and was eating, after being up all night. so I find what he told you suspect........

once the beast is back in charge, it's REALLY hard to put it back in it's cage. the very thought terrifies me, and i'm 8 years clean. in fact last night I was channel flipping and on nat geo there were a couple of crack addicts loading the pipe and I said oh NO...and changed the channel.

they call crack the devil's candy. you SAW the hold it had on him....nothing and I mean NOTHING you do or say can make him stop. addiction, all addiction is progressive, whether the addict is using or not. the beast never sleeps. you feed it (use again) and it is back, stronger than ever as if you never stopped.

maybe give him a week or so to see if he WALKS the TALK...ie really goes to meetings, really STRIVES to regain recovery. I hope your finances are still separate. you can't be the drug police forever. you can't watch him every minute, you can't control what he does.

it's been less than a year....you thought you knew him....and now....this. be prepared, chances are at least 50/50 he will use again. that call is so strong....that crack didn't just float from the sky into his hand...with INTENT he hooked up and got a sack. and then had the nerve to come home to YOU and hole up in the bathroom!?

if he does this again? please do not sit there WITH him while he smokes? your message is saying this is OK with me.