Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alongtimegone

I'm new

I am new to this board, but have been reading it recently. Myself and my family organized an intervention with my "A." We are separated and I told him he could not come home until he got sober. He has opted for counseling only, but no alcohol treatment.
I have been working on getting my life back on track, not buying in to guilt trips, etc. This seems to infuriate him a great deal, and he has become uglier and uglier to talk to. He does a thing that therapist call "passive-agressive payback." Recently he "set me up" to find out that he had spent the night with another woman. He tells me he is "not sorry he socialized" and that I can rest assured that he didn't "cheat on me."
I feel devastated and angry. I was unable to sleep for two days straight. I can't seem to think of anything else. I keep calling him and trying to make him feel bad. I want a divorce, but am afraid of what he'll do to me. I also feel embarrassed to be divorcing a man I've only been married to for 9 months (we have been together 5 years). I kidded myself that "he had changed" and our lives would be that "loving fantasy" I have always dreamed about. He still believes we can "work this out." I don't want to anymore.
Help!!!!!