View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
drc5426

Been in that bathroom. Personally, I will never put myself behind that closed door again.

I didn't belong there.

When some one is smoking crack the safest thing that you can do for yourself is stay on the other side of that door. Put as many doors as you can between you and them. If you do venture in to plead for him to stop, please never grab that drug. I did this once and was left alone, tending a black eye and swollen jaw.

I did that bathroom night with her maybe 5 or 6 times over the years. I'd catch her smoking in the wee hours of the morning usually near the end of her run. She didn't have much left so I'd watch her finish while explaining why her doing this was all wrong. Me talking to the wall. Once every last crumb was gone she'd let me snap the pipe in half and flush whatever crumpled up bags and pieces of garbage she had left in her purse down the toilet. This was my cue to take her money then let her sleep.

There was a time where she had abstained from use with no recovery. We would drink together some nights and it was no big deal for me. Unfortunately she's afflicted with addiction and it ended up being quite a big deal for her. Landed us right in that bathroom together.

Once it started it happened often. Much more than the 5 maybe 6 times that I did venture in.

Will he do this often?

No one can say but him. It may be a one time fault or he may choose to run with it. It's an issue that rests solely on his decision.

There was one night a couple months ago where I was watching that show on A&E called Intervention and they where telling the story of a women who was a 40 something year old crack addict. Very active in her use. They detailed her life from childhood until her intervention. Through out her 20's she cleaned up, married a good man and healthily mothered 2 children. Then one day she used and it simply ended all of that. It put the risk that I had been taking into perspective.

You're gambling here.

You're with a man who has a very powerful addiction on his hands so understand that this is a man who is one poor choice away from living his life smoking his sh*t in that bathroom.

For your own safety, if it does happen again keep the door shut.