View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reallyscared

Just need some support

Hi,

I have never posted in something like this before but I'm terrified and need some support/guidance from others going through this.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who I am madly in love with who is a recovering addict. He had 2 yrs abstinence from crack and about 14 months abstinence from weed/alcohol. In the 10 months we have been together I have seem him set his goals achieve them and surpass them. He has worked so hard to create a beautiful life and we have a beautiful relationship.

Last night he relapsed.

He was up all night smoking crack in our bathroom.

Nothing I could do would stop him from smoking. It was like a devil had possessed him and I was trying to communicate with him but the devil was too strong. By 8am I had given up trying to get him to stop. I said ok no more lies no more secrets u r not doing this behind locked door. He let me in the bathroom with him and I went through all his clothes and bags with him to find everything and then sat w him while he finished his crack and then a joint. I just wanted it to b over.

Within about 30 mins he was back. He gave me his credit/debit cards and a wa his cash and went to bed. I got him food and that helped a bit I think. Every few hrs he has been waking up and we have been talking. The whole story has come out. Last Sunday he got some week then yesterday he got more weed which turned into crack pretty fast. He wants to be sober and said he will go meetings get a sponsor etc but I'm so scared

Will this one night turn into weeks/months? Will last night happen over and over in our lives together. My mom was an alcoholic and I don't want to put my children through what I went through.

I believe in him and our love I'm just so scared that we are going to lose everything to crack. I feel helpless and don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rs