View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
overit263

It is a rollercoaster, and it's time to stay off the ride!

Originally Posted by Valentina14 View Post
Today my exABF called me and reminded me all nice things that we lived together. He said he is doing something called American Blizzard but he will leave it soon for me and he said that he was in heaven with me.

I found myself crying and craving for everything that we had, but I know deep down that if I come back I would be in that same hell rollecoaster I have been living the last years. I feel so lost and bad. I just wanted to vent and share with people that may know what I am talking about.
I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I am about to go through a divorce with my AH that I've been friends with for about 20 years, together close to 8 years. When you start romanticizing the relationship you had, please remember that because he is an addict, that there are plenty of things that you don't know. I found out mine lied about sooo many things (of course) and it made me realize that this person, the active addict and in treatment until Monday, is not the person I know. We have a way of thinking too much about the good times, like an amnesia of sorts that outweigh the bad times. Protect yourself, take care of yourself, focus all of that energy on yourself. Try not to be in contact with him because as addict, he will manipulate you the best way he can, that's just the nature of an addict in use. No addict is special, then inevitably show the same traits. Try to do something nice for yourself today to lift your spirits and call on your friends and support.