View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Yeah, there are very few jobs that are equivalent to working on the U.S.S. Enterprise.

After surgery last year, I was walking for a few days with a cane...until my doctor told me he thought I was using it as a crutch.

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Hey Acheleus....Rome wasn't built in a day. I think I'm of the same mind as Endgame here. No matter where we go, we are going to stumble across arses. I was complaining to my therapist just the other day about the work environment of my second job. She told me I could indeed quit that environment but more than likely, I'm going to come across the same obstacles in another one and that perhaps it's best I use the opportunity to work on my own issues within what is already familiar. Lessons will keep appearing no matter where we go.

Another thing I want to comment on is what comes across as "shame" about your "alcoholic" status. I think that has to change. Alcohol is something you are simply trying to outgrow as a p*ss poor remedy to pain, discomfort, anxiety etc. Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs..whatever are "crutches". Think about what crutches do? Crutches are what we use when we have trouble walking on our own. Don't hate yourself because you wear the burden of the broken issues of those who came before you. Your parents didn't have good solutions or insight into their problems either.

I am not ashamed of myself because I didn't know any better. You shouldn't be either.