View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Johnny, glad to see you are doing ok.

I am exhausted. Been gone for hours today. Had a nice long training session at the women's shelter tonight. Those are some smart, knowledgeable women running that place. I am glad to be a part of this. I think I am going to like them a lot. Had five other women there besides me. Two are doctoral clinical psychology students... they looked like kids. It was weird. I have never felt so old in my life. I felt like a loser for a minute there. I had to really concentrate on thinking positive.

It was an odd feeling being there, among regular women, not in a recovery group. I felt almost like an imposter. I know this is nuts. But I couldn't help it. Just got a complex in there. But then I started to feel really good... like, wow, this is something to be proud I'm a part of. I can do really good things in this organization. There is so much room for growth there, I can already see it. I even have a chance to be a part of this new program where I can teach kids, teachers, parents, and youth groups about domestic violence and sexual abuse. I figure, if I'm going to have to teach in grad school, and possibly after my MFA, now is a perfect chance for me to test the waters without committing... to see if I have what it takes to teach.