Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
loni8190

please help reguarding husbands addiction

I need help in understanding how I should be handling my situation. My husband has been addicted to pills for 5 years. He is prescribed morphine and dilodid (we live in florida and he goes to a pain clinic, those places just want your money so they prescribe medication that you would need for emergency situations and not dad to day medication for low pain ) hell the medication is for his shoulder so he shouldn't need morphine or dilodid. I know that is just an excuse to get pain medication legally because he was buying pills off the street before he go a script and before he hurt his arm. I want to leave him because i feel like he needs to get off them. The problem is that he is a great guy, the only thing we fight about is the medication, he has a good job, he functions fine, he's smart, very handsome and has everything going for him, his only down side is that he is addicted to his medication and he doesn't really need it. Its really weird because he is perfectly normal, would never guess he was an addict and he is a great dad and a really caring husband. He never ignores me or hits me or calls me names. he comes home right after work and gives me and his son all of his attention. He is truly a good person and he is completely faithful, he supports me while Im in school. I feel like such a bad person for fighting with him over this because my only reasons for wanting him to stop is because im worried about his health long term, and because i just don't want it in the house. I feel so stupid for wanting to leave him, i love him to death but I want him to live a healthy life drug free. He always asks me why i make a big deal about his prescriptions and i just feel like i never have a good reason. my situation is unique, i see many posts about husbands or wives that are addicts and that act horrible, but my husband is the same with or without them. He never runs out of medication because the doctor prescribes him more than enough, so i have never had to see him go threw withdraws. he never takes so much that he could OD, and he never nods off because he is so high. He takes everything responsibly, he doesn't drink at all or smoke anything. I just know that he doesn't really need the medication for pain reasons and want him to get off, should i just let him continue doing what he is doing and except that this is part of his life?