View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MysticCat

Wraybear, I agree with frankly. All of those reasons is why. And to add to it ~ possibly because you have a connection with this man due to marriage (dont know how religious you are but the vows can be pretty binding to someone who takes them to heart) and children. It's probably the hardest thing to do to turn your back on someone in need. But remember that is why we got where we were before recovery. I wouldn't get in between him and the doctor. Chances are he will have bloodwork done, and they will find out, or at least be in touch with his primary physician who will reveal that info. I do not for one second say I understand your situation, because I haven't been in this one. But I do say that I think you are wasting your energy worrying about what you can do for him. As painful as it is, (and easier said than done) I think you need to let him suffer his own consequences. He sees you breaking and thinks you are going to come to his rescue. You have to stand strong for you and your children. If I could come there and hug you I would! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blessings,
MysticCat