View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoaringSpirits

Hi Bthechange,

I've been separated for 2.5 years from my AH. In January of this year he started using the Soberlink device during his time with the children, which is every Wednesday overnight and every other weekend. This device has forced AH to limit his drinking to nightttime. He blows at 8am, 12 noon, 4pm, and 9pm when he has the kids. I know that he drinks once that final blow takes place at 9pm. But this at least gives me some reassurance that he's not tanked when he's driving them around.

I get text and email messages alerting me of his scheduled time, if he's missed, and the results from his blows. I also suggest that you contact your Soberlink provider and ask them to set up an online account for you, this way you can log in and check all of the results. I've found that one glitch with Soberlink is that on occasion, he has blown a positive test, and I didn't always get that alert in a timely way.

Our custody agreement stipulates that if he blows positive (only acceptable BAC is .000), or misses a test, I am to pick up the children immediately.

A few months ago, I learned that my AH had purchased a second breathalyzer device. He was clearly interested in "gaming" the Soberlink tests, ie, to see how much and how long he could drink past 9pm and still blow clean at 8am the next morning. Alcoholics are incredibly cunning and this is just one example of that. Best of luck to you.