View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
WhiteKnuckles

I understand! I have worked for attorneys for years. About five years ago I felt extremely burned out and took a sabbatical from the legal profession. I got a job at an animal shelter and it was a very humbling, rewarding and heart breaking experience.

I am now back to work in the legal profession and have been for almost three years. I do have a new appreciation for my job after trying something different. I know exactly how challenging your job can be and attorneys can be intimidating under the best of circumstances. When I get stressed I take several deep breaths through my nose and out my mouth. I try to remember that while a job is important, in the grand scheme of things, it is not nearly as important as your mental, physical and spiritual health. Don't make the job out to be more than what it is, it is not life or death. Try to keep everything in the proper perspective. When your time on earth is done, you won't be worried about any typos that you made.

Just do the absolute best you can on everything you do, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Best of luck to you.