View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cook4andy
Paused

Walking on eggshells

Recently finding out my daughter is/was an addict and her still being in treatment and all the havoc that hit our family all at once. I feel like I've been raped or that we've been hit by a tornado, trying to pick up the pieces.

I'm afraid I'm doing the wrong thing. Please let me know if I am.

Is it wrong of me to let her know the hurt caused by what happened? Should I ignore or not tell her how it affected us?....She is still in treatment, due out on Wednesday. We're still finding out things her boyfriend stole from us as time goes on. I told her in hopes she'd see what a loser he is. She say's we need to put the past behind us. I agree to a point. But if there's things she doesn't know about, should we act like it didn't happen?

She is still in love with the guy who talked her into using...I feel if she knows what he did, she may see through him...He's writing her letters from prison, even calling her in the treatment center. Am I wrong it letting her know?

We're going through our own hell.. I don't want to make it harder on her or cause her to relapse...

Please advise. Thank you.