View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
May73

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Maybe take control and end it yourself. Why wait for him to make all the decisions.

Quitting drinking has led me to really look at myself and realize I've a lot of work to do on self esteem, value,worth, confidence, learning how to be positive., If I don't love myself no one else is going to love me.If I treat myself badly and have no self worth or self respect Ican't blame others for treating me badly too.

I've learnt I cancontrol my life and learn to like and love myself again

Maybe use this opportunity to learn to love yourself again,as part ofyour journey into sobriety.The right relationship willcome in time when you're ready. better to be single than in a toxic,damaging relationship
I am praying for the strength to take control and end it myself. I know it's about valuing myself and I think my current situation is a reflection of how naff I actually feel about myself at the moment. It's the doubting myself and my inability to make a decision around this which is keeping me stuck. That said, the knowledge is there, the information is in my head, but it's not in my heart yet. It will be though. Day 6. Whoop whoop