View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ZenMe

First off thanks for everyone's input. It is really helping and it's good to see both sides of it.

From what I have been reading the way I act, "train" other people with my behavior is co-dependent in nature, and I do believe it's related to this case behind the scenes.

I don't subcribe to the totally be upfront or just drop hints till they get it. I think inching a way a few times and intially regaining my space was fine, and a subtle hint. When she kept pressing on instead of totally avoiding her at that point I should have said something.

Short of saying "I just want to take a ride as friends, I'm not looking for anything romantic at all, this isn't going to lead anywhere" it was clear...although I understand she must have thought it was a date!

Her behavior was extremely inappropriate and I reacted poorly. Also I just reacted, I didn't even stop to think of a better way to handle it, next time I will be mindfull of this.

Funny though if you reverse the rolls and I had been the one practically trying to make out with her in a public place it would have been "oh he's a creep". Where as here, she just "thought it was a date".

In the future if I'm talking to a girl and she wants go hiking, I say ok let's go here, I will tell her then and there that I'm only interested in friends.

I'm also not looking for absolution from people on SR. I just know there has to be a better way to handle things where it doesn't occupy my brain later =). I think I've seen it happen!

and **** does happen! btw I'm also not dating, I haven't put myself back in the pool. She mentioned she liked my bike and it went from there. It's very common for people to ride together and not be on a date.