Thread: Day 2
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SLB1968

Day 2

Well, yesterday was a solid day. Got up, hungover of course, dragged my sorry ass to work; however, not before preparing all my meals for the day and getting my gym bag in order.

Here was my day 1. I offer this in case my approach may help others:

Although it was hard to keep down at times, I ate all my pre-planned meals - diet rich in lean protein, moderate levels of complex carbohydrates, some fruits, lots of veggies, lots of water and some supplements - e.g., extra Vitamin C, E and ALA (post workout). Multi Vitamin, 4 milk thistle tabs throughout the day and a fish oil tab with each meal.

I packed 4 bottles of San Pelligrino (sparkling water) on ice in my car for the ride home. They were very refreshing and curbed the craving to reach for Beers.

Hit the gym for a good Back workout and then 20 minutes of intense Cardio. Got up today feeling very tires; but, ironically, better rested than usual. 2 hits of adivan last night probably helped (hence, my point about seeing your doc and not detoxing on your own).

My anecdotal experience (no science that I'm aware of) is that a diet that has moderate (not low/not high) carbs, coming mostly from complex sources (oats, Yam etc), keeps my blood sugar stable and helps to fight cravings.

The additional anti-oxidante (vit C/E/ALA) not only help with free radicals post workout, I would think it helps with the free radicals from a body trying to metabolize all that crap from the alcohol. Milk Thistle is supposed to sooth a hot liver. EFA's will help to improve hormonal balance.

So, it was a perfect day. Now, if I can only string together another 100 or so just like this....

Today I feel tired but I did not get as winded coming up the stairs, I do not feel as bloated in the stomach and I don't feel sick.

Day 2! Bring it!!!!!