View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
hopegone

I'm new here .... But not new to the disease(s) of addiction. This is an amazing site! But if I may, put my two cents in ...

I am the seat belt for my four kids to the "crazy train" my AH has been driving for over a decade!

Why would you put your kids through that?

I've been a rock for my daughter (she's a step daughter, but the only steps in my house are the ones leading to the second floor of our home) she has a horrible relationship with her dad, I brought my son from my 1st marriage (also an Alcoholic) into this nightmare because of how fooled we were, but then again I should have know better right? But let's face it ... It was no accident he found me! From one alcoholic to another ... He's struggled a lot having not one but two alcoholic dads. Then I go and allow two more blessings (my youngest kids) into this wack a doodle situation??!!!!

I'm not sorry or regretfully, b/c then I wouldn't have theses four beautiful souls ........ But really, I live with the sadness that I can't fix their sadness. Again, I'm confused you would even consider an unhealthy relationship at this point.

I do wish you health & happiness.