Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IrishEyzs

Unhappy Trivial question but it's making me nuts!

This seems so trivial compared with some of the problems I have read on this board but it's making me nuts and I don't know how to deal with the fear it stirs up.

My second husband is a wonderful guy, patient and caring to my 3 teenage sons, very supportive and accepting towards me, no drinking (occasionally) or drugs and I love him very much. His biggest "fault" is with employment. He changes jobs so often! As soon as there is a rough week or others don't do things the way he thinks they should be done and it interfers with what he needs to do he wants to look for something else. He has gone through 5 jobs in the past 5 years and was laid off for 9 months during that time.

I always feel this overwhelming (and I think over reacting) insecurity about money and our future to the point where I make myself sick! I worry that eventually no one will hire him, we'll lose everything, he will have no pension...goes on and on. As soon as I hear those words "I'm gonna look somewhere else for a job" I can feel my stomach twist. I know my father was the same way and heard all the stories about things being reposessed and not having a job so I know it has alot to do with old junk in my head.

I don't know how to talk to my husband about it, or maybe I shouldn't. Do I just accept him for who he is and trust that we'll be ok or do I tell him how I feel about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading this!