View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wicked

my ex husband and father of my children is an alcoholic
HappyHeather,

Your ex husband was an alcoholic, and you are considering bringing another one into
your children's lives?
Please go to AlAnon, get some help for yourself before you sentence yourself and your
children to years more of emotional torment with another alcoholic.

I'm not trying to sound stupid, but doesn't everyone have to start somewhere's? Are the women a problem as well? is that typical of alcoholics? or is that just normal dating until you meet the one that works.
If you are speaking of recovery, I have not heard where he even started.
3 week bender? NO. 3 times per week? NO.
Not falling down drunk? This is the scariest part, to me that means he has
never stopped and his alcohol level is at a very high level.

The last night I drank, my BAC was .27.
I was not falling down drunk, as a matter of fact, I was standing around talking to the
MP's who had brought me down to the hospital after a fight with my husband.
They did not know what to do, because I was not acting like someone who had that
high level of alcohol in their blood.

Why is he dating at all if he is still married and struggling for custody of his children?

Why is he drinking at all if the custody of his children is at stake?

Yes, the other women are a problem, he still has one on the side that he has not told
he needs to end it.

And also, could someone have self declared themselves and alcoholic to appease someone but not have a genuine problem?
Why would anyone in their right mind admit to being an alcoholic and not have a problem? To appease whom? for what reason?
I am gonna say no, unless it is an alcoholic who is trying to manipulate someone.

"Yeah, I said I was an alcoholic, but it was because of BS BS BS BS BS BS ad infinitum."

You have choices you can make, your children have no choice.
So far, nothing but big red flags.