View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

It seems though that these two (opposing ?) views are both generated by the individual mindsets that create or recognize them, and that either is freely chosen.

One I think assigns too much power to the 'part' that is seemingly responsible for drinking and not enough to the 'part' that is the genuine thinking 'you/me', the genuine part that has committed to not drinking is really in control and can remain so .

Forever and never , are potentialities and as such can not be experienced. The 'part' that defines them as experiencable (?) is trying to assign itself power by fooling the other' part' into thinking that since forever is so 'big' and undefeatable to not even try, so it can wage battle everyday and count on the odds, the sheer number of nows and continual battles to eventually win and get what it wants.

Both ways of looking at it are really nothing more than individually manufactured mindsets , I choose the one that gives the thinking 'me' the power. In the end it really is whatever works for anyone, I just think one is easier and more freeing.