View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BtheChange

Breathalyzer & Visitation Question

Hello Everyone,

As always, I am so grateful for this forum and for everyone's input and shared experience. It has been incredibly helpful to me while I extricate myself from my marriage to an angry alcoholic.

We are discussing unsupervised visitation with my (recovering?) alcoholic ex husband. He will need to do a breathalyzer test before and after every visit. We will not have a supervised exchange, so I will need to see the results of the test before the kids (ages 9,5, and 2) go with him.

I know that some of you are in a similar situation. What kind of breathalyzers would you recommend? I've heard of one that takes a picture and emails it to you. That would be a good way to avoid me standing outside his car door window and watching him take the test, while the kids see the whole thing (not a pleasant situation AT ALL).

Also, how often should he take a test--every 12 hours? We are building up to him having every other weekend with the kids. His attorney and mine are both good, on my side (his atty realizes that he is irrational, difficult, etc), and have some info, but you guys are usually more knowledgeable about these things and the various options out there.

Any other suggestions are also appreciated.

Again, so much thanks for your help & wisdom,
B