View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Serenity1972

Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Wow that is crazy we both got ours on July 9th. I also have a very good lawyer and he has told me that it is highly unlikely I will do any jail time, and he has talked about a short probation time. The good thing is that I really do see this as a blessing in disguise as I did not hurt anyone thank God. I am taking my recovery very serious this time and going to meetings daily, seeing a therapist my Lawyer recommended, and have also been placed on anxiety/depression medication.
I am glad you have good lawyer. A good lawyer will do wonders. It is highly unlikely that you will do any jail time. My lawyer wasn't sure how much probation I would get. I just followed his advise and we plea-bargained and the judge has seen that I was actually taking steps to become more responsible and let me slide. I say this because the amount I blew was so high that my probation officer was shocked that I only got 6 months and she made damn sure my life was hell for those 6 months. But, I got through it and it will never happen again. I learned a very important lesson that day and that was NOT to ever DRINK AND DRIVE and I am very grateful that the only person I hurt was myself. I am glad you are taking the necessary steps as well. Hang in there, you will be fine. Just remember that if you get caught again you probably will go to jail. Take this as a blessing in disguise.