View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Serenity1972

Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I was charged with a DUI on July 9th, and my court date is scheduled for this Friday. I blew a high number and also rear ended a car, luckily there were no injuries other than myself. I have been going to meetings daily and seeing a therapist that my Lawyer recomended. I am so scared that I will be going to jail and I just can't shake the thought. I have no prior record so this is my first time dealing with court. I just am really scared and don't know what to do...
Oh this brings back horrible memories as I was charged with a DWI on July 9th back in 2010. I also blew 3 times the normal limit in my state but I was caught passed out in my truck in a parking lot mind you parked on the curb. If this is your first offense like others have stated you will get slapped with heavy fines. I sure as heck did and I am still paying for them to this day! I got lucky though and had a very good attorney and only received 6 months of probation. I had followed the advise of my attorney and took all the necessary steps prior to going to court (drug and alcohol classes and enrolled in AA). The only think I had left to do was probation, pay my fines, and 80 hours of community service. Oh and I was court ordered to take Anabuse for 6 months as I refused to have a breathalyzer placed in my vehicle due to my job.

I hope this shakes you enough to quit. Best wishes.