View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

August 13

SELF-TRUST

I TRUST THE JOURNEY AND I TRUST MYSELF

Many times I have wished or prayed for things that have not been granted to me, but my desires are never in vain. Perhaps things have not changed as I have wished them to, but always I have changed.

There is always some change brought about by my deep yearning. Sometimes the change is in the essence of things, sometimes the change is in the essence of myself.

Oftentimes disappointments lead to new discoveries. Columbus was disappointed in his search for the Indies and discovered a new world I, too, have had disappointments, only to discover new worlds within myself.

Being the child of an alcoholic has brought its share of suffering, but through this fate I have reached a level of awareness that might not have otherwise been possible.

Each one of us follows a path to self-discovery. None of us can see the end of the path or how the path intertwines in the larger scheme of things. Today I acknowledge that my life is more than I have the power to see or foresee.

~ from Daily Affirmations For Adult Children of Alcoholics by Rokelle Lerner © 1985 ~