View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, you're one of us and many of us have found our paths to sobriety. I was a round the clock drinker for several years. When i finally quit, i had to shift my whole life over a few steps. You know, you can't live your alcoholic life sober. For me, i took up AA and working on this site. When i get restless, irritable or discontent, ii call people or come here instead of grabbing that drink. I'm working on becoming an Agent of my Higher Power because when i think like that, my thoughts are less on myself and more on being of service to others and the world. If i get self focused too much, i get selfish and can be prone to any number of negative character traits. Not that i'm perfect but i'm better than i was. I get better with the help of other sober alcoholics.

It is possible to quit. It's simple to quit but not easy. Are you prepared to shake your life apart so you can build it up better and stronger and sober? Sobriety is about so much more than not drinking. It's about a psychic change. It is possible to live free of the intense cravings for alcohol if you're willing to change and to be completely honest. Welcome to SR! It's good to have you here.