View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hayley86

Congratulations on almost a week of sobriety. It seems that the way you perceive the people at your school as being calculating and insecure gives you a reason to not make an effort to get to know them. On what basis are you making these judgements?. You say you want to socialize so why not give yourself the chance to make friends by remaining open minded about your peers?.

From reading your posts you strike me as an articulate and able person with a lot to offer.You are going to school, remaining sober and making changes towards a positive and healthy life. However, you seem to believe that you are almost predestined to end up in the same place as the people you have mentioned in this post. If your counselor has told you they are impressed with how well you are getting along in life, you are in school working towards a career and remaining sober that should give you confidence and self belief that things will work out well.

I think speaking to your doctor and therapist regarding your medication is a good idea. It could really help you to feel a lot better. I think you really need to work on your confidence too. It seems to be at rock bottom which is a shame because you have made changes to be on a productive path by doing the right things (not drinking and working on your well being) . I think you need to start acknowledging the things you are doing right and allow yourself to feel good about these things instead of just focusing on the past mistakes or wrong things you have done which is pointless.

You say that part of you wants to be a crazy, drunk who doesn't care about anyone else. Your posts on here tell a very different story. You appear to be someone who wants to break this cycle and live a happy, successful, sober life and you are doing the right things to make that happen...you should feel hopeful and positive. Why are you worrying about the future now?. I would not be thinking too far ahead just focus on day to day and getting well. I hope you feel better. I am wishing you well.