Thread: How do I know
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new beginnings

How do I know

I never know when my AH has been drinking. I had I idea he drank as heavily as the therapist in rehab explained. I dont think I realized he ever drank more than two beers and a glass of red wine with his dinner. I am naive. I dont drink that often and had no idea he was an A. He tested positive on a random test for his job. He was in an iop and drank the entire time apparently. Then he tested positive on a test in the iop and had to go into inpatient rehab. He came home last week. He was great for a few days. It was like I had the real him back. I had forgotten who he was and why I fell in love with him. But last week it was as if that horrible beast that had taken over his body and mind had disappeared. But then Sunday I began to notice some old behaviors. He stayed to himself. He was secretive. And then Monday it happened, the beast reappeared. My AH was mean and verbally aggressive and verbally abusive.
My AH doesn't stumble in drunk that I can tell. He doesn't slur words or pass out. Although Sunday, he slept until 10:00 and then slept another three hours that afternoon. How do I know if he is drinking again or just a mean, abusive person?