View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I was distracted, thinking about what I would be doing when I got home. I swiped my debit card and put in my pin without seeing the total. I looked at the receipt when I got home.
I can easily see how this would happen, as I'm always the person chatting w/the cashier and/or person doing the bagging, and I would say more often than not, I am not aware of what the total is until I get home and enter the info in my record book.

I do my best to always be honest about stuff like that too, and I think it has paid off in some karmic ways--for instance, we had gone to Fleet Farm, bought a whole bunch of stuff including a cheap set of dishes and plates, paid, and (we thought) loaded everything in the car. We got home and found that the box of dishes was nowhere to be found. Not really expecting much, we called the store. They were like "oh, yeah, somebody found a box of dishes on the bottom of a shopping cart in the parking lot and brought them in to Customer Service; if you can describe what they look like, you are welcome to come and pick them up." So that was a GREAT thing to happen, karma or not...!