View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MysticStylez36

Unhappy Newly Sober, New to this site

I don't know where to start, I guess from the beginning.

I'm a 27 year old Male living in New Hampshire. I have been using drugs since I was roughly 15 years old. It started off with just weed and quickly expanded onto harder and more destructive and expensive drugs. I've never really had a problem with alcohol, though I have drank and been drunk before. It is not my first choice.

I guess I am what they refer to as a poly-addict, but my main d.o.c. is cocaine. I used to be content just sniffing it, then I got introduced to smoking it and it has really taken a toll on my life. I have done a lot of grimy things to get my fix, robbing, stealing, cheating, lying, you name it.

I really messed up this time and I am losing a lot of respect and trust from my family and peers. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I currently do not work so I'm working on getting a job and maybe going back to school.

Right now in my free time and my non-drug related leisure time I like to write and record my own music, I am a rapper, I enjoy making hip hop music by myself and with friends. I also love sports. I play a lot of cards such as rummy and poker. I am searching for people that are in similar situations with being newly sober and trying to build a good support system.

I am really just looking for some help and support

To those who spend their time reading this;