View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Riel

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
I am good so far. But anxiety is through the roof. Feeling insecure, like always waiting for bad things to happen.

My boxing trainer made an interesting comment today: "You are thinking way too much. It messes up with your performance. Don't think - move. Stay relaxed".

Guilty as charged. Aways too serious, always too thoughtful, always suffering from too many thoughts. Always suffering. I just didn't know it is so obvious.

Any ideas how to stop thinking too much?))
I have the same problem with thinking too much. A fortune teller in Bangkok looked at my cards and before getting into the usual luck/romance stuff said, "you think too much." My GF nodded solemnly in agreement. So I suppose it can be obvious to other people.

And anxiety goes hand in hand with it. Last week, I was positive I'd made a big mistake at work - think think think about all the things that could go wrong. I was bracing myself for the worst, having despaired of fixing the "problem" when the person about whom I'd been worried called me to thank me; everything was cool.

The best book I've discovered for our affliction is the late Richard Carlson's "You Can Be Happy No Matter What."

I've read it at least a hundred times and it always makes me feel better; I just tend to forget its lessons when I'm most upset.