Thread: I did it
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
limbogal

I did it

I finally did it. I left my xab and moved into my own place. It's been a long time coming and each time I went back and found myself resenting him even more. The last straw was the eviction that I lost everything I owned. That was devastating for me. Even tho he hasn't been drinking for the last month or so, he's still verbally abusive, I guess the booze had nothing to do with that. Anyway, we have our own spot now, just me my son and the dog. Im loving the peace and quiet, but am also having these feelings of did I do the right thing? N I knw I did, I mean logically I know I did there was no way I was continuing to live the way we were living, with the rude remarks, the silent treatment. I know he resented me for him not drinking although I did tell him it was his choice to drink or not, I just wasn't going to be around him when he was drinking. But yesterday he looked like a lost puppy dog, I don't think he thot I was actually going to move without him until I returned his truck and his stuff was still in the back, said my goodbyes and left. It's lonely, I miss him but I knw I did the right thing.....I just wish doing the right thing didn't hurt.