View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hayley86

QUOTE=breakfasttv;4114146]RT hayley86
My good friend from high school is also in AA, and we go to meetings together. She is 5 yrs sober, and very supportive. But she thinks I'm sober again. I don't want to let her down I said to everyone I know the other week 'this is it, I'm done' but i FAILED[/QUOTE]

You have not failed at all. You have slipped up, it happens. Sometimes it takes people many attempts before they get it right and it sticks. The only way you would have failed is by not getting back up and trying again to get sober. You are here posting, reaching out and asking for help which is a great step forward.

I don't believe it is healthy or beneficial to compare ourselves to others. With regards to letting your friend down the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself, so i would not worry about letting others down. Concentrate on moving forward, getting sober and being well. You say your friend is very supportive which is great maybe if you are honest with her it will help your recovery even more. Honesty is so important in recovery. Best of luck.