View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

I keep coming back because life has not quit.

I _love_ the people here. There is such a depth of strength, and kindness, and hope in the people who post here. It helps me deal with all the darkness and hardship I see in the world around me.

I have made deep friendships here, and it's much easier to pop in and see how they are doing than voice phone or text.

I am not yet perfect. From time to time I foul up something in my life. Reading through the posts reminds me of lessons I have forgotten, experience I thought I had. I see how other peeps live their lives and I find ways to keep my life going in a similar direction.

Now and then I see something where I can actually contribute. That is my way of giving back to the community that has given so much to me. I don't think I will ever give back even a small fraction of the love, kindness and wisdom that was given to me, so I just give what I can.

There is hope in this world. Hope for _anyone_, no matter how horrid their life. SR is an example of that hope, and that there are still a lot of good people in the world who actually care about perfect strangers.

Mike