View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

This time I'm ready for the guilt trip

Ah's annual trip is coming up. This year it's to St Thomas. Last year I declined going to Costa Rica and things aren't any better at this point in time. I just can't bring myself to go.

Anyway, he claims that I am taking the trip away from him and that I am embarrassing him in front of his coworkers. I have been keeping my mouth shut and just acknowledging how I feel and honoring what I feel is best for ME at this point in time. I have not pointed out to him that he was the one who got plastered last year and offended a few of the wives. These women complained to the president of the company about my AH's behavior and his boss had to have a talk with him. If he refuses to take responsibility for himself, that's his choice. My choice is to do what is best for me. Plus, I know that once the drinks start flowing, the gossip will start flowing too. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be an easy target since I wasn't there last year. Why put myself in that position anyway. We went to St Thomas a few years ago and it was lovely, but I can always go back another time.