Thread: So emotional
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by amandanicole55 View Post
30 days sobar today, I thought I would be getting easyer but its not, and I thought I would be feeling happier but I'm not. I'm an emotional reck I wake up crying and go to sleep crying. It's not normal, I feel as if I was happier when I was drinking, but I know that's a lie. I just am so confused. I'm going into a depression and I don't why, I don't want to slip back into my old ways. I'm a child of 2 alcoholics, and Waltched alcohol destroy both their lives, I want to be different, but why am I feeling so sad and depressed? Shouldn't I be feeling better if I'm sobar? I'm going crazy. I feel so alone... Any advice?

Why do people think things magically change in such a short time after stopping using? How long have you abused alcohol? So why would your life do a 180 in 30 days? Its just an unrealistic expectation. I would say at least 90 days for the real positive changes to start, but its worth it. You have to do the work and make sure you are pushing yourself to do uncomfortable things and to grow every day. Sobriety only works if you work it. It sort of like paying the piper for years of abuse, but it DOES get better...........tons better. Good luck.