Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Insanity4life

I personally felt like I had more control over my life when I cut it down to 3mgs. Suboxone, I now realize was the very reason my ADD became worse (put me into hyperfocus), regardless of changing meds or increasing the dose. Ironically enough, I was let go from the Suboxone program because I couldn't meet their expectations of arriving on time, (or showing up at all for that matter) for both group & individual sessions.

I don't recall any significant symptoms when dropping to the 3mgs. If anything, I would've experienced mild nausea only. Not everyone will be as lucky considering all factors involved. I took 24mgs daily for about a year and a half while in an abusive relationship. This was back in 2008-'09. Before seeing the doctor in 2012 I only took 2-4mgs at most. He prescribed 8 mgs a day & had said that he has never had a patient on such a low maintenance dose! Six months down the road he reduced it to 6mgs although I continued to tell him it was more than I needed.

If you can't tolerate cutting mgs in half, then I'd suggest cutting 1 mg over a period of 1-2weeks, or what you're comfortable with. Just continue doing so until you're at your goal. If you are absolutely certain that you want to be wholeheartedly committed, the process will be easier. It's a habit that is hard to break, but the only way to successfully overcome a negative vice is to replace it with one that promotes your health or overall wellbeing. Exercise is the single best anti-depressant, yet it is widely underutilized. If I hadn't committed to the Insanity exercise program I honestly don't believe I would've been as successful. It became a daily priority of mine and eventually became more important than that dose of Suboxone. Find things you enjoy and start making those part of your daily routine, trust me, it will make the thought of living a sober life that much more appealing to you. When you do more things for yourself, or become independent (not just from drugs, but anything in life), your life will become brighter and motivation will eventually drive that desire to use right out of your life.